Looking to standardize your decision-making processes? To put your data to work to make informed decisions? To have access to the information you need via your Android® device, iPhone® or iPad®? You can using our custom application development services. Our simple, lightweight apps
- Solve a single, urgent problem, and are not burdened by unnecessary features or complexity.
- Deliver focused, actionable, real-time information to decision-makers at all levels ? in a matter of weeks or months and not years.
Indeed, technology is part of the fabric of modern business. It puts information at our fingertips. Unfortunately it tends to put too much information at our fingertips. Businesses are drowning in the stuff.
Prism, led by Chief Technology Officer Andrew Tait of Decision Mechanics Limited, uses technology to tame technology. With expertise in decision science, we can divine insights from formless oceans of data.
This is not mere data-mining. We design systems that analyze your data from the perspective of the decisions you need to make and then present the results in a form that’s directly relevant to your needs as the decision-maker.
We specialize in the design of web and mobile platforms, based on proven decision science concepts — such as, multi-criteria analysis, game theory, graph theory — to do the heavy lifting for you and to allow you to focus on the creative aspects of leading you organization into the future.
Our agile development approach that allows us to deliver focused, actionable, real-time information to decision-makers at all levels and to do so in a in a matter of weeks or months and not years. Before you contract with a software development house, please call or email us for a free consultation. We just might save you a fortune.
Prism’s apps are designed to solve clearly defined, urgent client problems:
- CohortTracker™ is an early warning system that allows school districts to track the real-time status of each active high school cohort (and every sub-group and individual within that cohort) vis-a-vis graduation from the moment of their enrollment. School district personnel using CohortTracker™ always have at their fingertips the information necessary to identify students who are lagging or seriously at-risk and to ensure their successful graduation.
- SchoolBenchmarker™; helps you identify benchmark schools so that you can set achievable academic targets based on demonstrated best-in-class performance and discover the practices that high performing, similar schools use to achieve their best-in-class performance.
- Budget Playground™ is an iPad® app that allows school districts to create multi-year budget scenarios. They can then modify those scenarios in real-time to help boards of education agree to budgets that will be acceptable to district stakeholders.
Prism is a certified Apple® developer.
Our staff’s additional recent apps
- E-commerce (proprietary): Financial reporting system that analyzes revenues and provides taxation reports for the local authorities.
- E-commerce (proprietary): Web-based auditing system that analyses transactions looking for different types of fraudulent activity. Produces reports for the companies’ fraud departments.
- Resilient leader’s assessment (proprietary): Web-based leadership development system that collects data from participants regarding how they would react in given scenarios and uses that data to generate personalized leadership improvement plans.
- Random event generator (proprietary): Provide results for regulated lottery-style games.
- BetMachine™: an iPhone® app that assists punters by performing some of the more tedious calculations.
- Confronteer (currently under review by the App Store): an iPhone® app for conducting confrontation analysis. It supports the specification of confrontations (conflicts) and the subsequent identification, and description, of dilemmas.
- iPhone® personal data locker (in development): This app records a user’s personal data (movement, location, appointments, etc) and uploads it to a cloud database. Users can the review their personal data history and choose to publish parts of it.
Our staff’s earlier app development
- United States Defense Ammunition Center: a secure, web application for entering ammunition depot surveys, producing management reports and analyzing trends.
- Schoolbenchmarking.com (in partnership with Prism): A secure, web-based school benchmarking service (based on data envelopment analysis) for K – 12 schools in Arizona and New York State.
- Web service for major aerospace company, allowing its world-wide customers to manage purchasing, inventory, maintenance and technical support online. This groundbreaking Web service was featured at the Paris Air Show.
- Johnson Wax: Web-based 360® review system that allows senior executives to assess each other and receive comprehensive reports on their strengths and weaknesses.
- Confrontation Manager™, a desktop application used by United States Department of Defense and NATO forces to manage conflicts around the world.
- Frontier Analyst™, the industry-leading performance management system based on data envelopment analysis and used in more than 60 countries worldwide.
- Visual, interactive simulation of Channel tunnel project management.